Saturday, January 23, 2010

sometimes the most beautiful things are the most obscure.









As I was listening to the "Beethoven" Pandora radio station, I realized something. I have not come close to witnessing all the beauty that is out there. These songs with titles like "Sonata for Violin and Piano in D major" by Franz Schubert may only be familiar to an elite few music nerds in our world. My chances of ever having heard it, or even of hearing it again are slim. But it is out there and it is beautiful. 
Sometimes I think I have seen all that is beautiful in this world.

Sometimes I act and hypothesize in such a way that I assume that God's love has limits. That grace only goes so far. 


but there is no much I don't know.


Psalms blatantly repeats that His Steadfast love endures forever.


And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. - Ephesians 3:17-19 (NIV) 

 At times, when I see the beauty of His creation, I am reminded of the jaw-dropping fact that He loves us. And there is no lack of evidence of it.


All else will burn, but the eternal One has promised a Kingdom that cannot be shaken. Christ in His resurrection brings eternal life.


How then ought we to live?





No comments:

Post a Comment