Sunday, January 10, 2010

16 Pieces of Life

  1. God loves us with an everlasting love
  2. I love my family
  3. I don't understand prayer very well at all.
  4. I am still learning how to read the Bible.
  5. God still loves us
  6. God is the gospel
  7. Love is a huge deal.
  8. God is Love
  9. I want to know Christ above all things.
  10. 2 Corinthians 5:7-10 (ESV)



     "For we walk by faith, not by sight. Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord. So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil."





  11. I think everyone needs to be around kids often. They bring you back to reality. We were made to trust.
  12. This is not meant to be a deep post, i'm just trying out new blogging methods.
  13. Cloudy with a chance of meatballs is a great cartoon. I found it to be hilarious!
  14. I disagree with a lot of what was said as factual in the early 1990s film Sleepless in Seattle (I watched it tonight with my sister) but i enjoyed it for two reasons.
    1. The music
    2. It made me think about love in a fresh and analytical way.
  15. We Need Love
  16. Psalm 46:10 (NASB)



     "Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."








3 comments:

  1. i'm glad you didn't love Sleepless. That movie annoyed me, I always felt like she was simply bored with her previous relationship with her fiance and using the whole "soulmates" excuse to get out of it. I don't believe in soulmates.

    Oh, and i think it's interesting that you feel like you don't understand prayer. In my entire time of being a Christian, prayer seems to be the only thing that comes naturally and has changed my life. Reading the Bible and talking about my faith with people was always so much harder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this Dave. Who woulda thunk you could incorporate such creativity into blogging...

    Something that stood out to me: numero eleven-o. I cannot agree with you more. I have never really considered the trust aspect though. Something I love about kids is there purity. Kids are still young enough where the world has not really written its messages into their hearts. They are innocent. And they find such joy from simplicity. Kids teach us big folks in so many ways. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's all about love...and God is love.

    i totally agree with #11...i just got done hanging out with a 12 year old. i often underestimate kids.

    ReplyDelete